About the Portfolio
The Supervision and Evaluation Portfolio lead is Ed Quinlan.
The mandate of the Supervision and Evaluation Portfolio shall be to develop, implement and monitor competency-based evaluation matrices, to monitor and assess umpire performance at Baseball Canada Championships, and to implement supervision training curriculum and programs.
This will include:
• to assigning Supervisors and Assistant Supervisors to Baseball Canada Championships
• developing, and maintaining supervisory competency expectations
• developing and maintaining umpire competency expectations
• implementing ongoing updates to the Baseball Canada 3 Umpire Positioning Manual
• maintaining the Baseball Canada Umpires discipline policy, and imposing sanctions under such policy
• providing provinces with content support for their annual national certification clinics